Version 4 now available! Track HTML and ToolBook content!
TBK Tracker™ provides powerful and secure student/course management for native
computer based training applications written in ToolBook or HTML. TBK Tracker
is optimized for HTML content created in Training
Studio or Exam Engine, but the appropriate calls can be made from other
New in Version 4
- Support Exam Engine 4 and Training Studio 3 content without any changes
- Support other HTML content by making defined API calls
- Player Windows application (.NET 4) hosts the HTML content
- Freely-distributed Administrator and Reporter applications completely rewritten in .NET 4
- Administrator adds batch import from any screen and improved functionality.
- Reporter uses Microsoft Report Viewer technology to display 61 reports and 75 graphs organized by Student, Lesson, Course, Class, and Organization
- Reporter architecture supports customization of reports and the addition of more reports
- Reports and graphs have customizable logo and certificate graphics
- Documentation completely updated
Use the Administrator to configure courses and lessons, set global properties,
or (optionally) assign students. When using ToolBook, use the TBK Tracker
catalog and new “TBTrack” menu to quickly set up your ToolBook
books. When using HTML, simply set the corresponding configuration properties
of the TBK Tracker Player.
Deploy your application with no runtime fees, even using the complete
InstallShield source code
if desired. Use the Reporter to analyze the data with over sixty reports and seventy built-in
reports. For HTML deployment, the TBK Tracker Player uses the Microsoft
.NET Framework 4.0.
- View over 60 Reports and 70 Graphs
- Store data natively in Access® or SQL Server
- Track times, dates, completion status, test scores, individual question
results, and much more
- Group lessons into courses and students into classes
- Use the TBK Tracker Reporter to display and graph student, course, lesson,
class, and organization information
- Customize reports using Visual Studio™
- Batch import students, organizations, etc. from a delimited file
- Store and restore user properties (ToolBook only)
- Track thousands of users
- Deploy via Local Area Network or CD
- Student and course data may be stored on a LAN server or the user's own machine
TBK Tracker is composed of three pieces:
Student Tracking Features
- TBK Tracker - For ToolBook, the developer sets up this module when
developing the course using the easy-to-use TBK Tracker catalog and "TBKTrack"
menu. For HTML, the developer uses a text editor to set various configuration
- Administrator - This module provides the ability to set up students, assign
them to classes (if desired), and to establish passing scores, prerequisites,
- Reporter - Want to analyze the data? The reporter allows analysis of the
data through over 90 reports. In addition to providing data on the
screen, the reports may be printed and exported to another file format.
Student Log-In Features
- Extensive "lesson test" information including last ten
test scores/dates, average score, and student attempts.
- Cumulative time spent in each lesson and course.
- Completion status of each lesson and course.
- Restores individual completion status of each
individual lesson page.
- Built-in course certificates.
- Professional log in box appears when student starts
- Administrator may specify globally or per course if
"self-registration" is allowed.
- Students select name from an alphabetized list or (if
self-registration allowed) may enter their name the first time.
- Administrator may specify globally or per course if
passwords are required.
- Students are presented only with courses to which they
have been assigned or which are "open enrollment."
- TBK Tracker™ stores student data in a password-protected MS Access
or SQL Server databases. (The developer or administrator sets the
Favorites and Indexes (ToolBook only)
- "Bookmarks" provide the ability to return to the
last page visited when returning to a lesson.
- "Favorites" allow the user to mark a
page that they would like to remember and return to it at any time.
- A page index listing of all pages in the lesson is
available for the student to quickly access a list of descriptions and jump to
the page that best meets their needs.
- TBK Tracker™ provides over 130 reports and graphs covering everything from the number of
students per course to what a particular student answered on a a particular
question in a scored test.
- Reports are accessed via a separate Reporter application. This allows
certain people to have access to view the reports (without their having the
ability to modify student or course information in that an administrator has).
- You may customize any of the reports using the Visual Studio™. You can also customize the associated queries with any text editor.
- Easily customize the logo shown on each report/graph as well as the lesson and course certificate graphic used on some reports.
- Assign courses to students.
- Administrative functions are accessed through a
separate Administrator application.
- Group students in classes to allow an administration to easily
assign courses to multiple students.
System Requirements and Licensing
- It's easy to set up your courses to use TBK Tracker™.
For ToolBook, simply use the TBK Tracker menu and catalog objects to set up
your books and you're ready to go. For HTML, configure the Player by
editing a single configuration file. You can then start the Administrator and
specify your lessons and courses. In ToolBook, additional functionality such as
favorites and indexes may be added to your application by using the powerful
author-level "TBK Tracker™" tools as specified in the step-by-step directions
included in the help file.
- TBK Tracker allows you to track thousands of users on
a local area network or single users via Local Area Network, CD, or Neuron
(ToolBook only) deployment. Neuron implementation requires the optional
"web deployment" capability.
- For ToolBook, TBK Tracker works with files created
- ToolBook: when the database is located on a local or
LAN disk, end users will also need to have Microsoft Data Access Components
(MDAC) installed. Users will typically already have MDAC.
Users will also need to be able to perform HTTP Post in order to use the
optional feature to post student data.
- HTML: end users will require the Microsoft .NET
Framework 4.0. This can be included as part of the installation (InstallShield
source code provided upon request) or downloaded via Windows Update.
- There is no runtime license required for CD or LAN deployment. Each product is
licensed per developer machine.
TBK Tracker Price (includes Administrator and Reporter)
|TBK Tracker version 4 Developer License (ToolBook or HTML)
|TBK Tracker version 4 Developer License (Upgrade from ToolBook to HTML
or from HTML to ToolBook). Both products must be on the current version.
|Version 4 upgrade from version 3
|Version 4 upgrade from version 2 or older
|1 year technical support (email only)
Educational and multiple-copy discounts are available.
Everything is working great with the SQL database! Thank you so much for
your help in getting it configured and working.
I for one have greatly benefited from your TBK Tracker and Tracker.Net products. Thank you.
We have used TBK Tracker to administer exams built in ToolBook. Some of our exams are LAN based and report directly to TBK Tracker, others are CD-ROM based and the user is able to email the results when finished with the exam.
You'll want to use a Learning Management System with ToolBook to store and track the test scores. I recommend you take a look at TBK Tracker by Platte Canyon. It will do the job you've described nicely and isn't too expensive.
This is a program designed to work with ToolBook. It will do just about everything you want and probably more. It's off-the-shelf software. I've been using it since version 1.0 for several large and small clients. You can be up and running in next to no time. For another $995 or so, you can do the same over the Internet to track native ToolBook apps. I don't work for Platte Canyon. I just know a good thing when I see it.
I just saw the mention of Platte Canyon and TBK Tracker in US News. It's great to see you recognized for the fabulous work you all do! I feel fortunate to be working with such talented and genuinely kind people. You have all definitely met your mission by improving the life of this ToolBook developer. Thanks!